When is the best time to travel Hangzhou?
Spring, Summer and Autumn are good travel time in Hangzhou. Hangzhou is located in subtropics monsoon climate region and enjoys year-round pleasant weather.
- Spring (Mar-May) spreads generous sunshine. It is the blossom and tea-picking time and thus is the travel peak season.
- Summer (Jul-Aug) exerts its hot and wet engine to welcome the people with sufficient heat and rainfalls. Nice time to slide the boat on West Lake patched with bloomy lotuses is memorable.
- Autumn (Sep-Oct) is cool and bright. The mid-autumn festival saturated with the osmanthus scent and lightened up by the round full moon is perfect time to make a romantic night.
- Winter (Dec-Mar) is above-zero cold and comes with occasional and frost.
The four seasons - spring, summer, autumn and winter are all the best time to travel to Hangzhou. However, travelers could enjoy the different sceneries at different time. On February, the misty lake is attractive, as if the jade pool and fairyland and during the April, the rainy lake is graceful, on the edge of a dream. However, in winter, the whole Lake is an expanse of white snow, in silver and white clothing, looks like a pretty young lady of humble birth walking in the snow. But do remember to avoid the period from 1st May to 3rd May and from 1st October to 7th October when is the long national holiday because Hangzhou is still a major destination of domestic and international tourists. It’s extremely crowded everywhere!
What is the current time in Hangzhou now?
The current time of Hangzhou is
Where is currency exchange service available?
There are currency exchange services at Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport and top-end (Normally 4 stars to 5 stars) hotels. All branches of Bank of China and other large banks offers currency exchange services. Look for a sign when you walk into a bank outlet.
Bank of China
- Hangzhou Qingchun Branch: No.320 Yan’an Road
- Hangzhou Binjiang Branch: No.3806 Jiangnan Avenue, Binjiang District
- Hangzhou Gaoxin Branch: No.388 Wensan Road, High and New Technology Industrial Zone
- Hangzhou Xihu Branch: No.44 Huagoang Lane, Xihu District
China Construction Bank
- Hangzhou Binjiang Branch: No.480 Jiangnan Avenue, Binjiang District
- Hangzhou Banshan Branch: No.93 Banshan Road, Gongshu District
- Hangzhou Chenxi Branch: No.206 Tianmushan Road, Xihu District
Is it safe to travel in Hangzhou?
Hangzhou is one of the safest cities in China, but small crime like pick pocketing is still rampant and you should keep alert at all times.
- Try to wear your bag in front. Keep wallet in your bags and put some small changes in the easily accessible place like your bag’s side pocket or pant pockets to avoid flashing your wallets unnecessarily.
- Avoid walking phoning. If you do have urgent call to make or answer, try to find a place like the wall behind you to avoid the thieves to snatch from your back.
- Do some caution work when you take the overnight train, it is better to keep the valuable items inside your clothing. To enable you can wake up easily when necessary, sleep aids like sleeping pills, earplugs are not advised.
- Ignore the touts that approach you and try to get you to somewhere when you come out/to the train stations, bus stations or borders.
- Better to go to big shops or restaurants or hotel lobby to get your orientation if you loss your way.
- Get the Xerox cope of your passport and your Chinese visa to avoid the trouble of steal loss and respond the police’s check.
Hangzhou Travel Tips No 1:West Lake Scenic Spot
You’d better go sight-seeing the scenic area as early as possible in the morning as The West Lake Scenic Area is extensive and there are time limited to cruise West Lake and enjoy the view of sunset glow at Leifeng pagoda. Secondly, there are different scenes about West Lake in different seasons. On February, the misty lake is attractive, as if the jade pool and fairyland; during the April, the rainy lake is graceful, on the edge of a dream. On a night of October, travelers could boat on the lake at their ease, and then taste the fragrant wine with a bright moon. During the December, the whole Lake is an expanse of white snow, in silver and white clothing, looks like a pretty young lady of humble birth walking in the snow.
Hangzhou Travel Tips No 2: Lingyin Temple
Generally speaking, Lingying Temple is the second choice for traveler in Hangzhou. Of course, West Lake is the first choice. Walking along the main road in Lingyin Temple, tourists will see the Northern Peak, or the twin peaks piercing the cloud. The Feilai Peak near the temple is also a key point of interest in Hangzhou.
Hangzhou Travel Tips No 3: Six Harmonies Pagoda
If you want to take a panoramic photo of the Sis Harmonies Pagoda and Qianang River Bridge, then walk toward the mountain from the back of the pagoda, get over the Tower Park, and turn up the platform of the wooden tower. Turn around, you will find you have already at the best place to enjoy the great Six Harmonies Pagoda and majestic Qiangtang River Bridge.